Buckner Park is located at the corner of Worth Street and Carroll Avenue in Old East Dallas. It is adjacent to Zaragoza Elementary. The Park is named after Dr. R. C. Buckner, the landowner at the time and the founder of Dallas’ well known Baptist benevolence, Buckner Children’s Home. The park opened in the summer of 1915. Buckner Park was a center of social and cultural life offering a wading pool in 1920 and by 1923 free outdoor movies. After World War II the surrounding neighborhoods declined and so did the park. In recent years, many of the homes have been restored thanks to dedicated homeowners; however, the park has not adequately benefited from this movement of restoration.